What is Cumulus Linux?
Cumulus Linux is a Linux operating system that runs on top of industry standard networking hardware. It is a software-only solution that provides the ultimate flexibility for modern data center networking designs and operations, enabling the best of breed hardware ecosystem and the best of breed solutions ecosystem with a standard operating system, Linux.
Cumulus Linux is sold on a subscription model. That subscription includes support and maintenance of the software in addition to the license rights. As long as you have an active subscription with Cumulus Networks you'll have access to a range of support options. While Cumulus Networks provides end-to-end support on Cumulus Linux we also provide advanced hardware support on a range of our supported hardware platforms. To give customers the flexibility to pick the right support options on the hardware and software, we split out our support packages as follows:
- 24/7 access to the Cumulus Networks online support tools.
- Access to support personnel 24/7.
- 24/7 access to downloads and software updates.
Hardware Support Options
Cumulus Networks rely on our hardware vendors to provide standard RMA services. Cumulus Networks will always work closely with both the hardware vendor and the customer to ensure a successful RMA. It should also be noted that Cumulus Linux licenses are transferrable between hardware platforms; therefore, customers running Cumulus Linux can enact a 'zero hour' sparing policy. If a hardware device fails, Cumulus Networks GSS can help you get a new device up and running.
Severity Levels and Service Level Agreement (SLA)
All cases are prioritized according to their impact on the customer, and based on industry-standard definitions. Four levels are offered—Severity 1 through Severity 4. In addition, a Severity 5 for issues that fall outside of normal support scope of coverage. During troubleshooting, priority can be either upgraded or downgraded at the customer’s request.
|Severity 1 (Urgent)||A Severity 1 problem is a catastrophic problem that may severely impact the customer’s ability to conduct business. This may mean that the customer’s systems and/or product are down or not functioning and no procedural workaround exists.||30 minutes|
|Severity 2 (High)||A Severity 2 problem is a high-impact problem in which the customer’s operation is disrupted but there is capacity to remain productive and maintain necessary business-level operations.||2 hours|
|Severity 3 (Normal)||A Severity 3 problem is a medium-to-low impact problem that involves partial loss of non-critical functionality. The Problem impairs some operations but allows the customer to continue to function.||8 business hours|
|Severity 4 (Low)||This service level has minimal system impact, and usually amounts to feature requests and other noncritical questions.||12 business hours|
|Severity 5 (Other)||This service level is for issues and request that fall outside of normal scope of support coverage||As mutually agreed*|
* Professional Services are available to provide additional support for non-standard support environments or requests.
Scope of Coverage
Cumulus Linux is a fully supported Linux distribution based on Debian. We stand behind our shipped software. In order to expedite Cumulus Networks’ ability to diagnose and resolve product issues, log files, config files and / or cl-support files from the Cumulus Linux device may be requested.
In Scope for GSS
- Bug fixes
Out of Scope for GSS
- Modified packages
- Third-party software/drivers and uncertified configurations
- Community projects upon which enterprise releases are based
- Code development
- System and network design1
- Cumulus Extras/Supplementary
- Optional repository/channel
- Technology preview features
- Packages included to satisfy dependencies or "incidental inclusions" when deployed as standalone items
- On Site Support2
- Product Training1
- 1. Professional Services are available for training as well as architecture and design efforts
- 2. Professional Services and layered offerings are available for dedicated, named and / or onsite services
Online Support Portal
Cumulus Networks has a wide verity variety of online support materials that will answer most of your questions. Through the Cumulus Networks Support Portal, customers have unlimited access to:
- Support case creation, updates and file uploads
- Software releases and updates
- Release notes, white papers and service bulletins
- Knowledgebase articles
At Cumulus Networks, we take your success as our most important goal. If you are not happy about any aspect of your relationship with us, please let us know.